Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jefferson Birthday Weekend!!

Julie and I headed out Friday afternoon for a fun filled weekend in historical Jefferson, Tx. It is such a neat little town, with lots of history, good food, old houses and ghost stories. The Bed and Breakfast we stay at is amazing. The house is beautiful, and has so much more potential than is put into it. Not that it isn’t exquisite as it is now, it could just use a few “touches”.

The first evening, we strolled a little bit, got us some supper, and of course pie, went back to the room, watched a movie, then explored the house. Not that we haven’t explored before, but there was only one couple there so, we really checked things out. There was a creepy doll that made her cameo in an awesome video that we sent to Jamie. There were lots of books to look through in the library and lots of visiting on the front porch.

The next morning, we were ready for a fun filled day! I got up, got some coffee, and we noticed that the 8:00 pre-breakfast wasn’t set out for us like normal. Hmmmm…went down stairs to get my nicotine fix and see if they had just forgotten us up stairs…nope, nothing, not a single thing going on down there. Weird! 9:00 came and we were visiting with the couple that was also staying at the B&B house. Out comes our hostess in her bath robe, with $20.00 for us to go get breakfast. What? Serious? Are you kidding? Ok! We were fine with that; we even made a few bucks on it. It was disappointing, but she made up for it. Then the time came to go Shopping, O yea!!! There are so many antique stores to shop in Jefferson. But, they are very proud of their antiques, and you will not find a bargain of any sort. Trust me. They have other shops too that have a lot to offer, even if you’re just browsing. We shopped for hours then; it was time for a cornbread sandwich. It was busy, busy, but our food came out quick and we were on our way. I sure wish we had a cornbread sandwich store closer. They are so very good! We then, went to Marshall to get me a pedicure, and Julie a manicure. There were only two Asian guys in there working, they were quiet and fast and away we went. We decided to take a Haunted History tour later that evening, so we went to purchase our tickets then settle in for a movie and a chocolate fix. Yum! Time for supper, since it was my last night of being in my 30’s, I decided to splurge and get a steak for supper. Wow, it was really good!! But I was so full! Now, I have only been on a few walking tours before, and I figured this one would last about an hour, but of course I was mistaken. It was a 3 hour tour, which one hour of that was an added stop they were offering. It was very neat, very informative, pretty spooky, and very, very humid. By the time we were done, my feet felt like footballs, and I was sweaty and stinky, but not as bad as some in our group. Geez! Back to the B&B for a nice relaxing shower (for me) and time for bed. J

Wake up! It’s time for birthday coffee and scones. Our hostess was on the ball this morning. We got dressed and ready, went down for breakfast, it was very good, and then we headed out. We stopped in Texarkana and shopped at several different places. Had some guacamole live, got a birthday serenade by the ‘On the Border’ staff, and ate some fantastic free dessert. By the time we got home, I was very sleepy so I laid down for a short nap…. and woke up 4 ½ hours later. My brother, had supper cooked and the yard mowed. More food? Oh gosh! I ate, then not long after that I went back to bed, and slept like a baby!

What a fun weekend it was, what a great birthday I had. Thank you Julie so very much for going with me. I don’t know what I would do without my sister by another mister!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah, I forgot to post that our bed AND breakfast, became just a bed. LOL I had a great time too. Birthdays aside, I think this should be another annual get-a-way for us.

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun trip!
And I'm so impressed that the brother had supper cooked and the yard mowed. Wow!!