Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Number of the Beast?

666. We all know what it stands for. Evil. But in what cases should it affect us? I know that I am not filled with knowledge on the Bible as I should be. But there is something that I would like to question.

For example, I got gas this morning. When I was done pumping, I noticed the gallons were 6.66. That freaks me out. Another example, for a while I was going to McDonald’s pretty regular. My value meal would be $6.66. It would bother me so bad, that I would change up my value meal where it wouldn’t total this amount.

I know I have a few quirks. This is one of them.

If I see someone with 666 or a pentagram tattooed on them, I go the other way. I feel these people are either stupid or evil. Either way they don’t seem to bother me as bad as if my total is 6.66 or $6.66. They are the ones that will have to deal with their judgment.

But when the number comes up on a purchase, or number of gallons of gas I put in my car, should this be something to be frightened of? I almost got more gas, just where it wouldn’t show 6.66 gallons. But I didn’t. What am I afraid of when it comes to the Number of the Beast at Wal-mart or McDonald’s?

Just askin’.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay...it creeps me out too! I know exactly what you are talking about. I try to steer away from those totals or "signs" too.

It's like black cats that cross your path. (bad example cuz you have a black cat) It's like breaking mirrors, or stepping on cracks, or walking under ladders, but even worse.

Why are we funny that way?

Diane said...

I don't know. But yeah, all of that other stuff creeps me out too. All black cats crossing in front of me, except my sweet boy. LOL!

Julie said...

Well, you do know that Wal-Mart is the anti-Christ and maybe McDonalds too! So beware!