Wednesday, April 30, 2008

EDGEFEST 2008

Well, I must tell you all about my Edgefest experience. Everyone reading this has already heard it…but I thought it blog worthy. So, here I go…

Ok, here was the line up…

Black Stone Cherry
Five Finger Death Punch
Saliva
Sevendust
Disturbed
Kid Rock

Kristi and I stood in line for about an hour (which was good considering how long she had to stand in line last year). We got into the concert area at 3:00, right in time for Black Stone Cherry to start. Chris and Mark had us a pretty good place to stand right beside the sound tent. Black Stone Cherry was good, and then came Five Finger Death Punch, they were very extreme. I couldn’t understand anything they were singing, due to all the growling. Everything is still pretty chill at this point. Saliva came on next and they are one of my favorite bands. The sound for their set was awful though. I don’t know what happened but it was really bad. The lady that came up beside me in her wheelchair didn’t seem to mind…she could stand but not walk. Thank goodness she didn’t stay there long. On to the next one, Sevendust. They were good, I rocked out pretty good with them even though I had never heard them before. During all this time the marijuana and beer was flowing like crazy. It was only inches away from us the whole day. And for some reason dozens of girls, you certainly can’t call them ladies, thought it necessary to show everyone their boobs. This also went on the whole time we were there…very strange. Then next comes Disturbed! This is where things started getting crazy. We had been in the same spot the whole day. When they came on, droves of people thought that our spot was THE place to be…we got so packed into our corner that we could not move. We rocked out though. It was fantastic. Disturbed left the stage and we left our little hole that we had grown to hate for a more open spot! Now, it’s Kid Rock’s turn. He was just as I thought he would be. Very energetic and flashy!
I love Kid Rock, I have ever since I first heard him I think he is one, you either love or hate. I’m a lover!! He had special guest on tour with him. Peter Wolf, the lead singer of the J. Geils Band and Rev. Run from Run DMC. Peter sang some old tunes form the 80’s and did a very good job of it I may add. Really took me back to the wonderful days at the skating rink. Rev. Run did some old school Run DMC stuff that too me back too, not to the skating rink days, since that kind of music was unheard of then…but to a simpler, more rebellious time…ahhhhhhh…those were the days. Wait, where was I? OK, back to the story at hand. Kid Rock put on a very good show. I think he should not have put on such a production and sang more, but who am I. It was still good. All in all it was a great day! I know my feet and back were killing me by the time the show was over around 10:30. We made it back to the room around 11:00 and it felt good to take my shoes off and stretch out. I can also say that Disturbed has a brand new #1 fan, I think as far as just rocking out without all the hype…they were better than Kid Rock. But really…you can’t really compare the two. Way different! Now, I’m just rambling…

I had a really good time with my friends, and even made a new friend in the meantime. I’m ready to do it again, ‘cause I love me some rocking out. But for right now…all I can think about is NEW ORLEANS…but that is a whole other blog just waiting to happen!!

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll Y’all!!!

I would like to apologize now for any type-os. My professional proof reader is off today.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Fun, sun, rock, roll, and Kid Rock. What more can you ask for?

Glad y'all had fun. Maybe sometime soon y'all will tame down a little so I might can enjoy some live tunes.

It's lonely not being a banger! lol