Well, since I had taken a hiatus from just about everything. I thought it was time to put my head-banging skills to work with some major loudness! So, I loaded up with Kristi and Chris and headed to Little Rock for EDGEFEST VI. The weather was ideal for an all day, outside concert. We arrived in plenty of time for me to get my ticket, and then we waited in line and watched the party get started. This is me...doing a spot for the radio station...I will never know if it aired or not but this is what I said...
"What's up Edgeheads?! This is Kristi from Nashville! I listen to the Edge because they rock my face off!!" (yeah, I used an alias)When we finally got in the gate, Kristi and I went to the Porta-Potties before they became contaminated...this was at 1:00 PM. While Chris saved us an awesome spot, we ran and got a drink and then I spotted the Oxygen Bar! I have always wanted to go to one, and what a better place than Edgefest to try something new! This is me...breathing in 90% flavored Co2 for 15 minutes! It really made my senses clear, and I felt refreshed. Then I smoke a cigarette and it faded away from the most part. I will learn one day!


Can you see me?? You can see what I needed OUT!This is how close we were to the stage to begin with. It was a great view! But it didn't take me long to want out of the crowd. I lasted through Drowning Pool and then it was time to mingle in the wide open area of The State Fair Grounds.
This is me enjoying a Coke by what else...a HUGE Miller Lite can! I have no idea what had my attention...no telling!Kristi came out of the claustrophobic hell hole not long after I did. We walked around and watched every walk of life you can imagine. Good and Bad. We found a grassy knoll to rest our feet and soak up some rays. Chris finally had had enough of the crowd so he joined us a few hours later.
During my 13 hours at the Arkansas State Fair grounds I saw more drunk people than I could count. Tens of thousands of dollars spent on draft beer and "Fair" food, idiotic things like taking our lid off of our bottle water where we can't use it as a projectile, but selling HUGE insulated type containers full of beer. What were they thinking? We were lucky we didn't get hit with one, because people were throwing them, kicking them, you name it. But if you know me, you know I had to have one. But you know I wasn't about to buy one...I would just find one laying around. I did find a lid (they were taking those too) and Chris found a "bucket cup" for me.
By the time the last band got started we were all past being pooped. There were people throwing up, trash and passed out people everywhere....I can't even IMAGINE how bad the porta-potties were. There was no way I was about to find out even though it had been 9 hours since I had gone. We had had enough and time to go...thank goodness we were parked close...across a 4 lane street but close.
My pockets were full with cigarettes, lighter, cell phone, Mardi Gras coins, a guitar pick, my Co2 hose, and change I had found along the way. (Chris found much more) My hands were full with a band poster, and my "bucket cup". With Kristi and Chris leading the way across the busy street they both say RUN!! So, I ran...when I was about on the center line, my pants started to fall down! All I could see where headlights in every direction. By the time I got across the 4 lanes...the waist of my pants were at my thighs. I got them up as much as I could. I was laughing so hard, and so was Kristi. Chris couldn't figure out how I had lost my britches. Me either!! Finally got to the Tahoe and back to normalcy! Well, almost...
4 comments:
I am laughing so hard at you. You crack me up. And apparently you "cracked" everyone else up that night too crossing the highway.
Sounds like fun, in a crazy wild kind of way. You rockers are in a world of your own at those things.
Cool post. Cool pictures. Funny, Funny, Funny!
Amy, that was a good 'crack' you made about Diane's "crack"~lol. Can you imagine watching her cross that road??!
I love it when you blog about your experiences at EdgeFest. Great stories!!!!!
Talk about baring your soul! OMG! I don't know what I'm in awe of most in this post......I think it's the fact that YOU, yes, you went 9 hours without peeing! wow!
Glad you had such a blast. I love it.
Oh the things I could add to this post! But we must leave them on the hallowed grounds that is the craziness of Edgefest.... oh, and the streets that surround!
I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I was almost ready to lay on the ground and roll, but as you mentioned.... it had been nine hours for me too!
GREAT TIMES! I'm so glad you went with us!!!!!
Post a Comment