Monday, May 3, 2010

The 3 S's of the weekend

Storm- Oh how I love tracking a good storm on the Doppler radar. If you know me, you know I am a weather nut. I am terrified of lightening though. I have been as long as I can remember. Just part of who I am. Michelle caught this pic with her cell phone camera during the Friday night storm. The lightening show was fabulous, but a little too close for comfort so I watched it in the comfort of the truck. But when this cloud showed up between lightening, I had to get out and watch it.



Skunk- Whilst tagging along to purchase a used fridge, I met my first skunk that wasn't dead in the middle of the road. The pet skunk owner told us that the skunk uses a litter box and will bite if you pet her under her chin. 'Nuff said. So I pet her quickly on the scruff of her neck and left her alone.



Sober- Was what I was when I saw and did everything this weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

A very eventful weekend on all three accounts! yay!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY~~DIANE BLOGS!!!!!! Sounds like a good weekend....wish Michelle would've gotten a picture of you 'hiding' in the truck tho'.

Amy said...

I love your weather pics and updates. It's almost as good as Jim Cantore's. I said, ALMOST.

But the weather was pretty scary and it made it worse because I was separated from my babies. I usually enjoy watching it too, but it was freakin me out this time.

Cool skunk, although I don't think I would want one for a pet....

And way cool on the sober protest. Proud of you!! Go girl!