Around New Year’s Day I lost one of the earrings my mother bought me. It was a very cute gold hoop. I didn’t know I had lost it until I got to work on January 2. It could be anywhere, in my bed, in the shower, on the couch, in the car… I could have lost it at Julie’s house on New Year’s Eve, or while playing in the leaves at Julie’s on New Year’s Day. Yes, I know…I’m 39 years old. I still play in the leaves, but not by myself of course. My little buddies started it. They were burying each other in leaves and decided it would be fun to bury me. It was quite liberating honestly. I have been to Julie’s house over a dozen times in the past month. For some reason, while I was there this past Saturday, I thought to look at the burial site under the leaves to see if maybe my earring had fallen out there on that fun-filled day. And low and behold there my little shiny hoop was! I was so excited and surprised I actually found it. It was almost a month to the day since I had lost it. I have since used some Christmas money my mom sent me to buy another pair. Now I have two pair of cute gold hoops. I’m just glad Wal-mart was out of the same pattern the day I bought my new pair.
4 comments:
Interesting how things work out...glad you found your hoop. Now the "lone" hoop won't be lonely anymore!!!!
yeah you found it
yay! I'm glad you found it. I once lost my class ring in the leaves and found it. So I know how you feel!
You are so funny! Playing in the leaves with the kiddos. They don't fully understand what you sacrafice for them. lol. At least you found it.
Post a Comment