Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Orleans or Bust!

It’s that time again! Time for some New Orleans fun! This year we will be celebrating Jamie and Leslie’s last few months of single life. I’m so excited for both of them and wish them the very best for the next chapter in their lives to begin as married women.

New Orleans is one of my favorite places to visit. I plan on doing a few things different on this trip; i.e. a little less sipping and a lot more venturing. Not that we lack in the venturing part mind you, but there is just so much to take in during the little time that we stay there. We have our regular haunts like Margaritaville, Cat’s Meow, Hard Rock Café, The Gumbo Shop, Café Du Monde, The Coffee Pot, Pat O’Brien’s, Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop (didn’t know it was called that), French Market, Lucky Dog hot dog stands, anything and everything that may catch our fancy on or around Bourbon St. Last year everyone, minus Amy and I went to Mother’s Restaurant. I understand that we missed an outstanding meal! I can’t wait to make up for that on this trip coming up. I’m sure Julie has a new place or two for us to check out this time too.

I can’t wait to try and see new things this year along with some of my favorite places with some of my favorite people in New Orleans!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always something new and exciting to discover in N'awlins. I have no doubt your crew will find something to get into. I can't wait for the stories and the pics...I always love those!!!

Julie said...

It just can't get here quick enough!!!!!! I ache for New Orleans!!!!!

Amy said...

Yay! I want it, I want it! Still don't know if I can have it!! lol

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait either and I agree with my mom, I think I truly ache for New Orleans when the time starts getting so close as it is now.

And ya know, I was thinking, what is gonna be our reason to go next year?...not that we ever really NEED a reason to go to NOLA :)

And Amy, I really hope you can have it! lol :)